This production is an interactive murder mystery dinner theater production that is inspired by the blockbuster hit “Black Panther.”
Seeking talent that is African American, Ethnically Ambiguou/Mixed Race or of African Descent.
Oni (Lead – Female 35 – 65)
- Oni (AH-nee) is an African name that means “born on holy ground or blessed place.” She is a mystic women who explains the rules of the final trial and works with the Taj and Kellan to solve the murder of a would be king/queen. NOTE. This role is not required to dance. May do a light African two step.
Taj (Lead – Male 35 – 65)
- Taj is an African name that means “exalted” or “crown.” He leads the coronation and is the main narrator of the production. He and the mystic will conduct the final stage of the ascension ritual, where the would-be king or queen must pass the final test. NOTE. This role is not required to dance. May do a light African two step.
Princess Malia (Lead – Female 25 – 55)
- Princess Malia, pronounced (MAH-lee-ah), an East African name that means “queen.” She is one of the final successors to the throne of the new Amalgamated African League. Her mixed heritage from the holy tribes and her lifelong training makes her one of the uniquely qualified people to lead, but she must past the final test and find the sacred scroll before Prince Adeyemi. Must be willing to learn an African Dance and Stomp.
Kellan (Lead – Female 25 – 55)
- Kellan, pronounced (KAY-lawn), which is an African name that means “powerful,” is a strong woman general. She heads the small delegation of potential leaders who have been training in her battalion. Currently, only two remain. Must be willing to learn an African Dance and Stomp.
Prince Adeyemi (Lead – Male 25 – 55)
- Adeyemi, pronounced (ah-deh-YEHM-mee), a Nigerian name that means “fit to be king.” He, too, is one of the final successors to the throne of the new Amalgamated African League. His mixed heritage from the holy tribes and his lifelong training makes him one of the uniquely qualified people to lead, but he must past the final test and find the sacred scroll before Princess Malia. Must be willing to learn an African Dance and Stomp.
Rehearsal and Production Dates & Locations
Rehearsals begin June 25 in GA. NOTE: You must be a local within the Atlanta, GA area. No travel or lodging provided for rehearsals or production.
In your audition, note your availability on Saturdays and weeknights. Let us know if you have ever stomped in a fraternity or sorority and if you dance.